I film and post videos to YouTube, Rumble as well as Instagram. I’m often asked how I film as there are so many ways to set-up a filming spot. Lighting, sound and room space all come into play on how a person sets-up their area. I’ve got a nice size study… Of course, it could be bigger, but I’m satisfied with my space. I mainly use one wall on the window side to record and the rest of the space to organize my supplies.
Here are most of the items I have been using for my YouTube filming setup as of October 2022. To make things easier I now mostly use a wireless microphone setup that I describe below by Rode. This means I can get up from the desk without pulling a cord. YAY for wireless.
Links to Amazon are affiliate links. I get a small commission. You still get Amazon’s everyday prices.
My Most Used Items:
- (2 of these) Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera for Content Creators, Vlogging and YouTube with Flip Screen, Built-in Microphone, 4K HDR Video, Touchscreen Display, Live Video Streaming, Webcam
- Bessie Bakes White & Silver Gray Blue Reclaimed Wood Replicated Photography Backdrop 2 Feet Wide x 3 Feet Long 3 mm Thick
- Elgato Stream Deck – Live Content Creation Controller with 15 Customizable LCD Keys, Adjustable Stand
– with this little, but powerful device I can change scenes, get zoomed down looks and even choose which cameras are being recorded. It’s that rectangle device with buttons on the right side of the desk.
- NEEWER 20 inch Mini Tripod for Camera with 360° Ball Head, 1/4″ Arca Type Quick Release Plate and Carrying Bag, Compact Desktop Tripod for DSLR Camera, Video Camcorder up to 11lb/5kg –
Face Camera Attached – camera links to Rode Lavalier Go II square)
- Rode Wireless Go II – Singel Channel Wireless Microphone System –
I only got the one with a single microphone. A two-microphone option is also available for those who say want to do interviews.
- Rode Lavalier Go – Professional Microphone –
To be used with the Rode Wireless Go II. A newer version is now available that sits flatter. I have the original round one.
- (2 of these) IKEA LINNMON / ADILS
Desk Tables with legs. IKEA sells the top and each leg separately.
- Genaray Bi-Color Soft Ring Light LED (10″) –
This faces down with 1 camera attached.
- Neewer Wall Mounting Triangle Boom Arm for Ring Light
- (2 of these) – Neewer Upgraded 660 LED Video Light, Dimmable Bi-Color 3200K~5600K CRI 96+ LED Panel Light with LCD Screen, U-Mount Bracket and Barndoor for Studio Photography, YouTube Video Shooting (NL660S)
- (2 of these) Neewer Wall Mounting Boom Arm
I’ve also got a fan with lights in the background.
(4 Pannels) NICETOWN Girl’s Room Blackout Curtains (In Teal Blue)
- Logitech for Creators Blue Yeti USB Microphone for PC, Podcast, Gaming, Streaming, Studio, Computer Mic (I use this less than I used to – I mostly use this for voiceovers)
- IXTECH Microphone Boom Arm with Desk Mount, 360° Rotatable, Adjustable and Foldable Scissor Mounting for Podcast, Video Gaming, Radio and Studio Audio, Sturdy and Universal – Elegance Model – For the Yeti
- Bessie Bakes Super-Thin & Pliable Marble Replicated Photography Backdrop 2 Feet Wide x 3 Feet – I also use this base once in a while.